- Eirwyn George
- Dr. Mererid Hopwood
- Emyr Llewelyn
Cymdeithas Waldo Society was established in 2010 with the following aims:
- Sustain the memory of the life and work of Waldo Williams who is regarded as one of Wales’ most influential poets and a bard of international significance.
- Promote Waldo Williams’ contribution to the literature and culture of Wales through interpretation and a deeper understanding of his work.
- Appreciate and promote Waldo Williams’ contribution to pacificism.
The executive committee meets regularly to discuss various projects that are compatible with the chosen aims.
A decision has been made to hold an annual lecture on or around Waldo’s birthday – September 30.
The committee is aware of Waldo’s convictions as a pacifist and Quaker and is keen to draw attention to these facets of his personality without forgetting his passion for cycling.
On-going projects will be featured on this website.
The inaugural annual meeting of Cymdeithas Waldo Society was held on January 23, 2011 at Bethel Vestry, Mynachlog-ddu, Pembrokeshire.
A constitution was adopted and the inaugural officers were appointed:
- Chairman – Cerwyn Davies
- Vice-chairman – Rachel Phillips James
- Treasurer – Hefin Parri-Roberts
- Secretaries – Anna Williams and Alun Ifans
- Press Officer – Hefin Wyn
If keen to organise an excursion around places associated with Waldo Williams in Pembrokeshire, please contact Hefin Wyn 01437 532236 email@example.com
The late Professor Emeritus R. M. (Bobi) Jones and former Archdruid Jâms Niclas along with Sister Nora Bosco Costigan were also Honorary Presidents.